Wednesday 16 March 2011

ANYONE can Podcast!!

This week, during my professional experience class I learnt all about podcasting. This is my very first experience with podcasting and I must admit I have never known what podcasting meant and what podcasting actually was. In case you are as podcasting deficient as I WAS, here is a basic outline of what podcasting is.
Podcasting in my own words is when you record your voice using the computers microphone and audio editing software e.g. (Mac has a fantastic program called garage band, which allows you to make podcasts) which you can then listen to on demand and upload to all different places. E.g. the Internet or any type of MP3 player. Here is a podcast that i have uploaded onto the net, to demonstrate that i have learnt how to make a podcast :)
After learning, first what podcasts where and after successfully making my own in class (who knew it would be so easy?) I started to do some research using the net about podcasting. Through my research I found a number of different ways podcasting could be used in schools. So with the help of the following source, I created a dot point round up of how podcasting could be used in schools.

* Recording what children have learnt during a lesson, which they can then playback on their computer or ipod when they are unsure or have forgotten what they have learnt.
*Students could practice their reading skills. E.g they could record themselves reading books and then play them back on the computer or ipod.
* Students could record the school news and then upload it to the school website which is a great way of telling children, and parents what is going on at the school.
Image Source: Zoomar, (2008) Roscoe Considers Recording a Podcast [photograph]. Retrieved from http://www.flickr.com/photos/61456874@N00/2265202595



No comments:

Post a Comment